The Race Set Before Us

We must recognize that life is like a race. This blog offers extraordinary training for this extraordinary athletic event.

The Bible says life is like a race.

Read these verses:



You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins.
Run to win.
All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.
I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.
1 Corinthians 9:24-26 ("The Message")

And in the case of an athlete, no one is crowned without competing according to the rules.
2 Timothy 2:5 (NRSV)

Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Hebrews 12:1

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one serving in the army gets entangled in everyday affairs; the soldier’s aim is to please the enlisting officer.
2 Timothy 2:3-4 (NRSV)

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7

the Holy Spirit testifies that in every city chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Acts 20:23-24;



Every Gold Medal athlete -- every one who is serious about competing and winning -- gets himself a coach. You won't win this race by going at it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment